Tuesday, 15 December 2020

Inquiry Project - Reflection

Here is a link to slides

Through this inquiry project I was able to learn a lot about how little climate change is implemented into the mathematics curriculum -- but also where we can implement it as well. Our second activity (which we didn't get to do) was centered around graphing and real-world questions that could potentially be asked in a math class. I think it's important to learn how to implement realistic mathematics education (RME) as well as types of questions that make the work applicable. I think carrying on with Inquiry 2 would be to design more coursework around climate change in math. Perhaps finding a way to implement it in all facets of math, not just 1 unit like linear equations. How can we creatively intersect and develop different units with climate change. 

I definitely thought that graphing and understanding data would be a big part of our research for implementing climate change into the classroom -- but an unexpected direction would be the use of higher grade level math like trigonometry where we an teach climate change. I'm excited to keep exploring and finding information on this topic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic Worlds

  Figured and Symbolic Worlds are all about what we interpret. The world, just like us, are constantly changing, and there are so many aspec...