Saturday, 19 December 2020

Course Reflection

My ideas have changed drastically throughout this course, mainly with how to incorporate many different aspects into my pedagogy. At first, I believed that the best kind of teaching was done in a lecture format -- however, throughout the course I've realized that this doesn't inspire kids to inquire and reach for more. We can be doing so much more as teachers than just handing out/giving notes to students; it's our job to make school engaging and worth coming to. 

I really appreciated the first reading about Frank McCourt, I found his journey so interesting, and loved his ideas of authenticity. I think that it really helps with building student-teacher relationships and can really set the tone of the classroom you like. I also learned a lot from the Jo Boaler video about mindsets. I still find myself trying to use words of encouragement and making note of effort over product -- it's something I'm still working on though as it's so much easier to comment on a students' production. 

I don't really have any recommendations for the upcoming Inquiry 2 course, although I would like to put some more theory to practice. I would like to try to attempt to put our inquiry 1 projects into practice though; or at least see what would happen if we tried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Symbolic Worlds

  Figured and Symbolic Worlds are all about what we interpret. The world, just like us, are constantly changing, and there are so many aspec...