One idea that seemed cool to me that was brought up was the idea of 'stations', where students could move around and experience different instances of examples and applications outside of the class. I think that creating linkages through applications is an important part for students to form a relational understanding with the material, and move beyond the denseness of formulas and equations; having multiple examples and even challenging students to create their own interactive stations would be a great way to engage students and push their creativity.
The group also mentions how students can get bored sitting in the same spot, and that is extremely relatable; class should be fun, not boring, and we can incline students to get involved in multiple ways. I also appreciated the relationships they built between math and sports. As someone who grew up playing sports, I always loved connecting angles, trajectories, and other aspects to the games I played.
No comments:
Post a Comment